Terms & Conditions – Betsy Bear
How to Enter – Step-by-Step Guide & Competition Rules
A) You must be a UK resident aged 18 years or older and your Twitter profile must be set to public.
B) To enter the ‘Betsy Bear’ competition (the “Competition”) you must send a Tweet which includes the hashtag #paddypowerleavethekidsalone
C) You may only enter the Competition once. Retweets will not be accepted as an entry to the Competition. Your entry must be a manual tweet sent by you. If your Entry does not contain the correct wording and/or contains content or language which we deem to be offensive, illegal, libellous or inappropriate (in our sole discretion) and you are selected as a winner of the Competition we can disqualify you at our sole discretion.
D) There will be one winner of the competition who will picked at random by a third party provider. We will announce the @username of the winner at approximately 16:00 on 12 August 2021. We will Tweet the user name of the winner from the following accounts @bear_betsy and follow up with an email. You must follow the @bear_betsy account in order for us to direct message you. You will have seven days from the date we announce the winner to confirm acceptance of the prize before another winner may be selected.
E) Please note eligibility to win the prize is subject to your Entry’s compliance with these Competition Rules. If you are announced as a winner and we subsequently discover that you have breached these Competition Rules you will be disqualified from receiving the prize. Our decision is final and no discussion will be entered into.
The Competition opens on 11 August 2021 from 14:00 and closes at 14:00 on 12 August 2021.
The prize for one winner is £1000.
Prize Terms and Conditions
- Employees (or members of the families or households of employees) of Rumpus Media, any supplier that Rumpus Media deems to be too closely connected to them, or any advertising agency or website development company connected with the Competition or any subsidiary or associated companies of the same, are not eligible to enter the Competition. Rumpus Media reserves the right not to award a prize (and to select an alternative winner) if we are aware or have reasonable grounds to suspect that a winner is not eligible for these reasons.
- You agree to provide accurate personal information to facilitate prize delivery if you are a winner. If you provide false information you will be disqualified from receiving a prize and we may select an alternative winner. Rumpus Media reserves the right to request written and photographic proof of age from the selected winner. Where no such written proof is supplied, or the entrant is not the requisite age, Rumpus Media may disqualify the entrant.
- You agree that we can use any personal information that you may provide in connection with the Competition in the programme and by Rumpus Media and as set out in these Competition Rules and in accordance with our privacy policies. Rumpus Media will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations 2018.
- This Competition is run by Rumpus Media and not Twitter and as such the Competition Rules will apply to your Entry, however, because this Competition uses the Twitter platform Twitter’s Terms of Service will continue to apply to your use of Twitter and we recommend you review these.
- We advise you not to create multiple Twitter accounts in order to enter the Competition multiple times or to tweet to enter the Competition excessive numbers of times. Creation of multiple Twitter accounts or excessive tweets may lead to Twitter suspending your accounts. Please see the Twitter Terms of Service for more information.
- If we become aware that you are using an automated means to enter the Competition or you have breached Twitter’s Terms of Service then you will not be eligible to win a prize.
- Please note that we shall be entitled to cancel these Competitions (or any of them) without notice and/or to amend these Competition Rules where this is necessary in our reasonable opinion for legal or administrative reasons. Any changes to the Competition Rules, notices of cancellation or other notices will be set out on this webpage and we will also Tweet notification of any material changes or cancellation.
- There is no charge to enter this Competition. However, standard mobile data and internet connection charges may apply.
- Proof of posting or emailing cannot be accepted as proof of delivery. Rumpus Media cannot accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of server functions, technical issues, virus, bugs or other causes outside our control.
- Rumpus Media reserves the right to cancel or amend Competitions or the Rules (including the eligibility requirements) at its sole discretion with or without prior notice (i) in the event of any occurrence outside Rumpus Media’s reasonable control (ii) to ensure the competitions are run fairly and honourably manner, and (iii) to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations and guidance. Any cancellation or changes will be then be notified on the relevant Competition Notice.
- In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating to a Competition, the decision of Rumpus Media shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- Payment will be made directly into the winner’s nominated bank account, bank account details must be provided within seven days of the winner being notified.
- Your Entry must include the correct wording required for that Competition. If your Entry does not contain the correct wording and/or it contains content or language which we deem to be offensive, illegal, libellous or inappropriate (in our sole discretion) and you are selected as a winner of a Competition we can disqualify you at our sole discretion.
- PLEASE NOTE: a third party company will identify entrants to the Competition by searching for tweets containing the relevant Competition hashtag and pick one winner at random. While we use all reasonable efforts to obtain all tweets containing this hashtag we cannot promise that we will be able to do so. We also cannot be responsible for any Entries to the Competition or prize acceptance responses from winners that are not received by us for any reason including, but not limited to, reasons outside our control such as actions taken by third parties including Twitter, or unavailability or network delays affecting Twitter or the internet generally.
- All Competitions and the Rules are and will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England. The Digital Products and Services are only intended to be accessed by residents in the United Kingdom. Rumpus Media makes no representation that materials available across our Digital Products and Services comply with local laws in other jurisdictions.
How to contact us
- You can contact us in relation to any competition by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org